It’s a crazy world we are living in right now with Coronavirus spreading rapidly in the country. Many of us are stuck at home for the next month (at least). I wanted to put together a list of things to do when you are bored at home practicing social distancing. Hopefully you find this list helpful!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used. you can read my full disclosure here.
50 Things To Do When You Are Bored At Home
1. Zoom/FaceTime with friends and family. We may not be able to hang out together in person but chatting via Facetime or Zoom is a great way to still hang out.
2. Play games with your friends/family on your phone. I love playing games on my phone with family and friends. Some of my favorite games I downloaded are: words with friends, Ruzzle, Sequence, Phase 10, Hearts, and there are so many more.
3. Play board games
4. Work on puzzles. I used to love puzzles, now is the time to give them a try again.
6. Organize your home. Now is the time to organize even if you don’t feel like it. It’s a great way to pass the time.
7. Clean your home. Sometimes the best way to pass the time is to clean, especially areas that you don’t clean often.
8. Learn a new hobby.
9. Read a book. I put together a list of my favorite self motivation books here.
10. Listen to podcasts. One of my favorite podcasts is Manifestation Babe.
11. Binge a tv series. Some of us never had the time to sit down and watch tv until now. Here are some of my favorite tv shows:
- Gossip Girl
- Friday Night Lights
- One Tree Hill
- New Girl
- Real Housewives
- Desperate Housewives
- Love Island
- Love Is Blind
- Vampire Diaries
- The Originals
- Bates Motel
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Stranger Things
12. Start a blog. If you love to write, start a blog! You can learn how here.
13. Create a bucket list. You might not be able to travel right now but make a list of places you hope to travel to once this is all over.
14. Create a vision board.
15. Journal. Here are different lists of journal prompts for you.
- Journaling for personal growth
- Journal prompts for self discovery
- Journal prompts for goal setting
- Journaling for building confidence
16. Write a story.
17. DIY ideas and crafts.
18. Home improvement projects
19. Learn how to cook.
20. Learn how to bake.
21. Do something around the house you didn’t have time to do before.
22. Play video games.
23. Play Nintendo switch.
24. Practice self-care. Here are 85 self-care ideas.
25. Sing and dance to music.
26. Organize your emails.
27. Study a topic you’re interested in.
28. Rearrange your room.
29. Paint your nails.
30. Give yourself an at home makeover.
31. Have an at home spa day. This is my favorite thing to do!
32. Take a bubble bath.
33. Declutter your fridge.
34. Declutter your make up.
35. Watch YouTube videos.
36. Watch Tik Tok videos.
37. Create Tik Tok videos.
38. Do at home work outs.
39. Watch your favorite movie.
40. Create weekly meal plans.
41. Learn how to garden. Plant veggies or flowers.
42. Take an online course.
43. Print out inspiring quotes. Use these to create a motivational notebook.
44. Start a scrapbook.
45. Clean areas that aren’t cleaned often. For example, window sills, under the bed, under furniture, junk drawers, etc.
46. Set goals for yourself.
47. Learn new yoga positions and practice.
49. Spend time outside.
50. Practice gratitude.