Are you having a bad day? We all have those days when we feel unmotivated and down. When I am having a bad day I love to practice self-care. I put together a list of 85 best self-care ideas for when you are in a bad mood. If you need a little pick-me-up then this list is for you!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used. You can read my disclosure policy here for more info.
85 Best Self-Care Ideas
- Go for a walk – nature helps relief stress.
- Take a bubble bath – light some candles and just relax.
- Yoga – different yoga positions help relief stress and anxiety.
- Exercise – there’s no better way to practice self-care than with a good workout.
- Go on a solo date – sometimes the best dates are by yourself.
- Watch your favorite movie – I love a good romcom or comedy movie when I am feeling down.
- Watch your favorite tv show – Not going to lie, I watch Gossip Girl to boost my mood.
- Journal – I have a ton of journal prompts for self-love here.
- Read a book – For a list of best self-care books check this post out.
- Dance to your favorite music
- Meditate – practice breathing techniques for stress relief.
- Give yourself a facial
- Get a massage
- Adult coloring books – I love these! Here are a few of my favorites on amazon. One | Two | Three
- Indulge in your favorite dessert/meal
- Practice gratitude
- Take a nap
- Listen to relaxing music – Put on a stress relief spotify playlist or pandora station
- Have a staycation
- Practice breathing techniques
- Diffuse essential oils – If you need a diffuser, I recommend this one!
- Listen to a motivational podcast
- Sing at the top of your lungs to your favorite song
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Drink plenty of water
- Light your favorite candle
- Clean your house to your favorite songs
- Do some gardening
- Try a DIY project
- Try something new
- Go on a spontaneous day or weekend trip
- Go to the beach
- Hike in nature
- Practice daily affirmations – I have a list of some of my favorite positive affirmations here.
- Make a bucket list and start completing it
- Go for a drive and listen to your favorite songs
- Learn something new
- Create a morning routine
- Create a night routine
- Write a letter to your future self
- Write out a list of things you love about yourself
- Explore a new city
- Create a vision board
- Make your bed when you wake up – I put together a list of 10 daily habits to boost your mood!
- Create a list of your favorite inspirational quotes
- Bake your favorite desserts
- Give yourself a mani/pedi
- Sleep in a little extra
- Get some sunlight
- Create a compliment jar for yourself
- Start a new hobby
- Do something you love
- Step outside your comfort zone
- Write out your goals
- Organize your closet
- Try something you are afraid of
- Have a delicious smoothie
- Cook a new meal
- Write out a list of things you are grateful for
- Stop trying to people please
- Declutter – Check out this list of things to declutter from your life immediately!
- Write out what’s on your mind
- Unplug for the day
- Call someone you love
- Make sure to laugh
- Visit your favorite place
- Watch the sunrise
- Watch the sunset
- Buy yourself your favorite flowers
- Open your blinds and windows
- Wake up and get dressed
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs
- Reflect on your accomplishments
- Say no when you feel stressed out
- Don’t take on more than you can handle
- Give yourself a break
- Cuddle with your pet
- Have a jammies day
- Learn a new skill
- Tell yourself you’re beautiful
- Have breakfast in bed
- Hangout with someone you love
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Create your ideal future
I hope you enjoyed this list! Let me know in the comments different ways you like to practice self-care too!
Enjoy it? PIN IT!
I love these! I really enjoying taking a walk, reading a book, or coloring!
Yes! So do I! Thank you so much (:
So many great ideas. I went for a fall walk this weekend and loved it 🙂
These are some really great idea!!!! 2, 11 and 21 are my favourite.
So glad you enjoyed them! Thank you!
Hello Lauren, I read your story and I am so inspired by it. Your posts really do reflect a deeper emotion and its so comforting. Thank you for inspirong others. Good luck!
This means a lot to me! Thank you so much Sharon!
Love your energy🤗
Some nice reminders of self-care forgotten in this crazy Covid world..
For June I must concentrate on my skin.. and general outside part of my body….UGH😱
I have been taking it too much for granted…
For starters I have signed up for your newsletter 😊
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!